Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Peek at the Christmas Decorations - Part 1

Here is the first peek at my Christmas 2010 decoration. Of course, I continued with my white, iridescent and silver decor. This year I added to it with a more "Enchanted Forest" theme.

One of our new acquisitions is this beautiful Snowy Owl. It was inspired the photo to the right from Christopher Hyland's home in Traditional Home December 2010 magazine. The particular one was last years item from the New York shop Pany Silk and therefore unavailable, but I find a larger one at Save-On-Crafts.com. The price was right and he had the right look. I added some bling around his neck for just the right touch. Although I must say that the customer service from this company is the absolute pits! I called four times on the phone and the call was disconnected each time before I could talk to someone. I e-mailed customer service, but had no response. Be warned, if you order from this company, you are on your own if there are any problems.

Here is my owl. Don't you love his furry talons?







He was much too large for my chandelier. But here is my take on Mr. Hyland's design idea with a red cardinal. Stay tuned for more of my Christmas decor.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails