Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How to clean your white enamel cooktop (chemical free with stuff already in your kitchen!)

I have an old stove that is on its last legs. I still want it to shine! I have used Formula 409 for years to get out the cooked on stains and keep my stovetop clean. However, the knuckleheads at Clorox changed their formula to an antibacterial formula that is inferior to the original. Don't mess with a good thing people! It doesn't take out the cooked on stains any more. Boo hiss! I poked around on the web and found a formula that I thought I might try. Wow! It worked great. Bonus - it is a chemical free cleaner made from stuff I already had! Thought I would pass it on.

Magic Formula
Lemon Juice
Baking Soda

That's it! Mix to a thick paste. Put on stovetop and rub into stain with your finger. You can let it sit for a few minutes to bleach out stubborn stains but I didn't find that necessary! (P.S. - this magic formula will also remove stains from plastic food storage containers.)

Fabulous! It bleached the stains that 409 couldn't touch. Check out these pictures. This is the picture of my stovetop after I cleaned it with antibacterial 409.



Here is the picture after I used the Magic Formula

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been using this for years it is great!! Stains on whites too! I quit using Clorox since I found out that it is actually listed as a pesticide by the EPA and has more carcinagens than you can count. It is a very toxic product and goes into your pores days even after you used it. I love reading all your finds and information. You are great!! Thanks! CC

2 Burner Cooktop said...

Thank your posted this helpful information in cleaning the cook-top burner I'm looking forward to try it in our kitchen.

Frazzled Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing from you!

Anonymous said...

Just tried this and it worked like a dream... thank you for saving my sanity! I'm so tired of scrubbing that thing with all kinds of different cleaners to no avail!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails