Several years ago I embarked on the Maker's Diet. It was tough, but I did it and lost a lot of weight. Well, the weight started creeping back up, so I knew it was time to go back on it. A dear friend decided to go on it with me. There is strength in numbers!
This time I decided I wanted to sit down and make a list of meals that I could refer to when it was time for meal planning. My friend and I sat down to tea and started to write. I have a Cajun background and she a Mexican background. What a wonderful list of meals we came up with! We modified our regular recipes and came up with a bonanza. Seeing such a long list of a variety of meals gave me more courage to start. I've been on it for three days and I've already seen weight loss!
I thought I would share those here including any recipes.
Here are the Phase One* meal ideas we came up with:
*It must be noted that we do modify the diet a bit in that we do eat cow milk products instead of goat milk products.
Omelet - eggs, peppers, onions, tomato, cilantro, cheese, green onions, spinach, sour cream. Saute the veggies in butter and season.
Smoothie - blueberry, strawberry, coconut milk, yogurt, honey & vanilla
Boiled eggs with turkey bacon
Fried eggs with avocado on the side
Cottage cheese with raspberries
Yogurt with strawberries or blueberries
Quiche without the crust______________________
Lunches & Suppers:
- Lamb chops on the grill with mushrooms on a skewer and broccoli with butter (brush olive oil on the chops and mushrooms and season)
- Chicken Breast with Cauliflower & cheese sauce, cucumbers
- Tuna salad over lettuce with avocado, tomatoes & sunflower seeds
- Chicken salad over lettuce
- Fish with a Sundried Tomato Pesto
- Beef Sparerib Soup
- Tacos in Cabbage Leaves (replace the taco shell or tortilla with raw cabbage leaves)
- Grilled Fish with Lemon Juice
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Grilled Steak with steamed carrots and Asparagus
- Beef or chicken stir fry (leave off the sugar laden sauce and use this recipe instead)
- Grilled chicken breast with grilled squash and coleslaw
- Grilled eggplant smothered in Italian sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 450 to melt cheese)
- Fajita Beef on salad greens with picante sauce, cheese and sour cream
- Roast cooked in crockpot stuffed with garlic. Serve with Artichoke and sauteed mushrooms.
- Spaghetti with meatballs or meat sauce served over Spaghetti Squash (this is a very cool squash whose cooked insides look just like spaghetti noodles)
- Ground beef Taco salad with tomato, avocado, cheese & sour cream
- Rosemary Baked Chicken with sliced tomatoes and peas
- Zucchini Boats
- Chicken Tortilla Soup (minus the Tortillas)
- Gumbo (sorry, no recipe here... it's a secret)
- Chicken breasts stuffed with Broccoli & cheese (these can be purchased already made & frozen at your grocery store freezer section) & salad
- Grilled Salmon with artichoke
- Hamburger patty with sauted mushrooms and articokes with garlic butter sauce
- Sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- carrot juice
- Herbal teas
- frozen peas
- homeade lemonade sweetened with honey or Stevia